Sunday, March 13, 2011

Worship....

It is easy to sing:


You are Holy....
Lord, You are Righteous.
You are Worthy....
Jesus, I love you.....
You are the Comforter.
You died for me.


It is harder to sing:


You are good.
You love me.
You are a great God.
Thank you.


I find my heart tensing up at the sound of it coming out of my mouth.  I know it.  I know it deep down in the pit of my stomach, deep within the knowledge of my mind....but even still...It chokes its way out of my throat.  The enemy wants me to doubt it. I don't doubt it, but I do struggle to say it.


Today was my first time back into church. I have been worshiping from the safety of my car, with my kids in the living room, and most passionately from my shower.....the shower washes the tears away quickly and allows me a haven for the submissive weeping as well as the angry cry- you know the one.
But today, standing in front of my Lord, and so many that had prayed for us, I wanted so much to sing of my Savior as just that- the Savior, the comforter, the one that holds me when I hurt.
However, He had such larger plans for my mouth today.  Instead, He wanted me to praise the God He was, is and always will be....GREAT.....over and over and over....


How Great is our God.

How Great is our God.
How Great is our God.
How Great is our God.

over and over and over and over......

I didn't want to.....
but I did.....
and He is.....




2 comments:

  1. Yes, honesty and transparency. What an awesome gift of arranging the words as well.

    How great is our God!!!!!!

    How blessed we are to share time and space with you as church family!

    ReplyDelete