Monday, March 14, 2011

I wish I knew

I wish I knew when the waves would reach higher than I can touch.  I am wading deep...in dangerous water anyway.  Like the moment you feel the water lift your body weightless in the deep....
I am in this deep water on purpose.  I don't want to sit safely on the shore.  It is false safety.  There is nothing safe about the denial or self protection involved in sitting on the sand.  
So, I am tossed back and forth as the waves reach higher and higher...because this is where my God rescues me.  This is the place where I get to see Him intervene....in these moments He is evident.


This morning is one of the times that the water reached over my head.  Salt water in my lungs.  No breath. 
My toes lost the sandy surface of the bottom and I am tossed around, nauseous.  My only choice is to float perfectly still, looking up at the sky in hopes that the Savior who consistently rescues me will come rescue me again.  


You may be thinking, Johnna, why don't you swim? Why don't you fight?
Because, I simply don't know how.  I was never prepared for this kind of wave.  I would drown.  




When you pass through the waters, 
   I will be with you.


Isaiah 43:2

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing testimony to the world that in times of great godly grief, there is a hope that is beyond this world. Thank you so much for being so willing to share your journey with so many. Your transparent faith and your humility in your surrender to Christ causes me to worship our Father God all the more for it is evident that He is the Source of all of your courage, faith, hope, love, endurance, and strength.

    I weep with you and grieve with you all as we watch you all surrender your beautiful Branson. Again, what a powerful testimony to the world that Christ is your Highest Treasure and that amidst great hardship, He is all that you have and all that you will ever need.

    Praying fervently for you and your sweet family. I praise God for His grace given abundantly to you...it is overflowing in your posts.

    With love from Him,

    Maria

    Maria Motoyama

    (friend of Shannon's who also worships at FEFC)

    P.S. Your post reminds me of a beautiful worship song by Mikeschair called "Let the Waters Rise". This song, and your faith, reminds me of the determination and courage of those sisters and brothers before us who have gone on to glory, but who know that we are not citizens of this world, but of a heavenly country.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2RP6DRVWpU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete