Friday, March 11, 2011

A Date with Will.......

We are going on a date.....a real date...with food and just each other's faces to look at......
I am so blessed to have him...I feel the deep need to be with him: one on one...


I also feel the pressure.....Is there anything to fill the gap of what is really on our minds....
I want to be there for him, listen to the other things on his brain, his work, his friends, the desire to fix up the house.  I really do....


 However, there is NOTHING but our family on my mind: 
how are you feeling, how are the kids, should we plant a tree in Branson's honor, is Jaden dealing ok with things, am I burdening you, do you find me beautiful, do you want to talk, can I help, are we having more children, do you feel smothered.......


Can you imagine? Bless. His. Heart.


We will go, we will sit, we will eat....I resolve to listen....to shut my mouth. To be there for him and what he needs.  To rest in the moment and enjoy being.....to Be Still and Know......

2 comments:

  1. Johnna.....men & women grieve & heal so differently. This post reminds me so much of myself & Bo when we are dealing with difficult situations, so I can only imagine how magnified these differences become in your situation. I will pray for your date night. I will pray that you are able to be there for Will in the way he needs, and vice versa!
    Love you.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnna,
    I just wanted to check in and tell you I have been thinking about you. I think of you as a friend now although we have never met. I hope you have a wonderful date. I pray that you and Will have a wonderful meal and time to just be . . . whatever each other need.

    ReplyDelete