Monday, March 7, 2011

A space.....to just be....

As you know, Branson's nursery was complete.....everything we needed to bring her home was at our fingertips, down to two tiny little gowns we had purchased just a week before we lost her.  It was beautiful, right off our bedroom....and was an important part of me walking in my faith that month that I carried her- knowing we might lose her.  
In the weeks that have followed, we have struggled with what to do with the space.  Jaden wanted things left alone...content to sit amongst Branson's things, play babydolls in her bed....just be among Branson.
Eason, on the other hand, was confused by the presence of a bed for a baby who wasn't coming home with us.....confused by baby things being around at all.

So, we compromised, left most of the furniture, added a comfy reading chair and put away most of Branson's things.  She is still in the midst of the room, but as I watched the kids bring down their most special books to add to the shelf and sit and read on the rug, I was reminded that this room is Holy.....a place where I told the Lord that I would follow Him to the end......

Last night, in the lamplight, I snapped a picture of the man I love sitting in this room......thank you, Jesus for the healing balm that you are.

Today we spent some time in the room, placing the sweet cards from all of you and her keepsakes into a beautiful bird box....her journal left out so that I can add to the story....and books, books and books for us to read.....what a wonderful space to be...
One 'B'- left to represent all of us....the other B is in Branson's box....
My sewing.....
Every Long Journey Begins with a Single Step

Branson's gown....It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen
Branson's keepsakes and journal.....


3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful space. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Johnna and Will,
    I heard about your story from a former co-worker and began reading your blog. I am in awe of your ability to continue to praise God even during this time of great sadness. I have gone through a divorce, work place issues, financial struggles and turned my back on my relationship with God. How selfish am I not to praise him for the blessings I have been given. There are so many and I turned away because life was hard. Yet I read your story and I am so encouraged to renew that relationship. Johnna, you have a true gift to lead others especially those of us who have turned away when we should have turned to Him for comfort and guidance. Tonight I said a prayer for your family and I am ashamed to admit I have said very few in the last three years. It is my belief that Branson is a gift to not just me, but many, many others who will be lead to God. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnna,

    I got your blog address from some women at Fellowship church. My husband and I have been attending there since we moved to Knoxville last summer. I wanted you to know that I'm praying for you daily!! I'm a mommy who has been in your shoes, our beautiful daughter Kinley went to be with Jesus last September. Please feel free to contact me by email or through my blog anytime! I know sometimes it helps to have someone to talk to who understands a little bit of what you're feeling! My blog also tells Kinley's story. Many prayers for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete