Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A rainbow

Rainbows are so different when you are an adult.  As a child, there is so much mystery and magic that surrounds the rainbow.  The theology of the rainbow only adds to its radiance.  I remember learning the science and feeling so cheated. I had never wanted to unlearn something so quickly.  Take back your "refraction" and your "spectrum".  Give me back my perfectly painted Godly arch.  


As we began the trip to see my doctor this morning, I all but cursed at the rain. It hasn't gone 3 days without drizzling. I looked forward to seeing my doctor, to feel the completion of being 3 weeks out from the initial loss and pain.  But other than that, this was not a day I really looked forward to- and it was raining....again.


As we walked in, I was physically ill. Will said he felt the sadness fall over him as we parked... Just sadness.


The appointment was uneventful, unless you count the overwhelming support and love of the entire office, from Dr. Rodriguez to the secretary up front.


As we left the parking garage the sun broke free of the clouds.  I felt the mist of the rain as I shielded my eyes from the sun's glare on the hood of the car.  
Sun and Rain..... 


I knew it would be there.....


....because sometime, somewhere I had learned something.  I had learned about refraction...about the spectrum...and that knowledge, that experience told me there would, indeed, be a rainbow.


It was there.  It all of its promise...in all its radiance.  


Thank you, Jesus....for reminding me that what I learn, that what I experience will one day be the knowledge and truth that you use to remind me who You are, who I am, and what I am here for.

No comments:

Post a Comment