Monday, February 7, 2011

The pace of life.....


Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of the spunkiest, most intense little boy I know.... As much as he loves to dress up and be in character, we threw him a SUPERHERO birthday party complete with capes, masks and other dress-up garb.  I spent the day much distracted by my inner desire to slow things down.  If you know me, you know that this is not my true nature. I am usually looking towards the next event, the next season, the next milestone. I truly have a hard time living in the moment.  But yesterday, not only was I in the moment, I wanted to step in and stop the clock.....I wanted him to always be THAT little boy.....




Is it possible that God could be changing even the deepest parts of who I am? Is it possible that I have some seriously intense growing to do yet? Is it possible that the fire used to refine the gold is both intentionally hot and intentionally necessary? Is it possible that God calls me to walk through this season with Him, be it ever so painful.   Yes. Of course, Yes.

1 comment:

  1. When you walk through the fire, He will not let it set you ablaze. You won't be swept away by the waters you have to walk through. It's because He is there, too, walking at your side.

    I look forward to the day when it won't be hard to understand the painful things (which will be in heaven) AND to the day when I won't agonize over feeling like I MUST understand them (which will be here, I trust).

    Bless you, dear heart.

    ReplyDelete