Saturday, February 5, 2011

..being carried.

As I look back at these photos from two weeks ago, I am thinking about how we are still wrapped in this embrace.  Although only lasting for a while at church while our friends and family prayed, rejoiced and danced in front of the Lord, this seems to be where we have lingered.  In many ways, this type of intimacy is exhausting....I find myself just wanting to come up for air.....literally.  But, like most things, there is a flip side to every feeling: what would I have done without this? What if this is not where we had started from?  As Will and I continue to pass each other in our home, parent, kiss, eat and work, we are constantly in this emotional embrace.  I am kept aware of the weakness in my knees and am often reminded that as I am carried by Will, he is carried by our God.....my knees ARE weak, and my voice sometimes feels very small.  
These photos of Michael singing over the baby the words "you're alive" resonate in my ears as I clean toilets, pour cereal.....wash my hair.  God has awarded me Will, and for that, I am so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm struck in this moment, I really don't have the words to express what I feel when I read this. I'm not sure I've seen a realistic picture of what it looks like to walk out faith as soberly as you guys are. So many people want to deny what the situation is, or turn their backs on what is happening, but you guys, in the light of the "facts", are standing on what the Truth is. Faith is not ignoring the facts, it's acknowledging them and turning to God as the answer and the one that takes "facts" and lines them up with his heart of Truth.

    You are so strong and true to who you are, and I am thankful that you aren't afraid to show your heart in the midst of this situation, and every other one for that matter. I admire you, and I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete