Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When He calls Himself Abba Father....

I have realized today, the news from the doctors does not change my desires, fears or hopes. It isn't as if God is listening to their prognosis saying " well, now they are saying it is x.. That is so much harder to heal than y..." Why would I even allow myself to believe for a second that He is just now, in February 2011, devising a plan to heal Branson. Ludicrous.. He knew this baby girl before she was formed in my womb: her body, personality, likes, dislikes, sense of humor.... He has her every day numbered and written for her. He has every one of her, what I believe will be blonde hairs numbered......

Today, especially, I have been wrapped up in Him.. Resting in His peace. There will be days where I am actively praying and specifically praising and hoping with fervent expectation.... But today I just needed His lap.. And He was there.

3 comments:

  1. Love you and your heart. This is the best sermon I've heard in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Something similar was what I felt as peace when we were going through fertility treatments. I just kept thinking that God already had our perfect child...He knew who he was and everything about him. It was hard to wrap my head around that at that time, but God is so good!!! Still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.. can i just say that i am SO dearly happy that you have a blog, and that you are letting us all in on what is going on in your heart during all of this. I am seriously blessed by your faith, and I am SOOO pumped to meet this beautiful baby girl.
    Thanks for sharing :) love ya

    brit fray

    ReplyDelete