Wednesday, February 1, 2012

saving me from myself...

Sometimes, I am my own worst enemy. 
 It has been a long time since posting a blog.  I can blame it partly on being just so darn happy.  I know that isn't an excuse, but it is really hard to write when you are happy. It is hard to imagine that people would ever be interested in reading something about how so over the moon you are.....so, I have tossed at least 4 blogs that did just that.
30 or so weeks
I can try to blame it on the pregnancy brain. I truly am very jumbled up. Despite the ever-present ADD, I am losing brain blood supply to an increasingly large abdomen...as well as an ever-increasing rear end, according to eason.




But, more than anything, I think it has to do with the season that God has me in- the "stop and just be in the moment" season.  Sometimes, blogging about it tends to get me thinking- too much sometimes.  


Jaden's photo-a-day...you can play!
I took a break from facebook in early January.  12 days without it.  I pretty much didn't touch the computer, either. I did, however, participate in a photo-a-day project.  It seemed to really bring me center...to help me focus on something simple- something beautiful.  I am currently doing one my 10 year old and her friend made.(#febpix on instagram) It is pretty special....


Without clogging the blog up with details of the pregnancy, I must announce that she is so super healthy.  I know I have said this before, but she is the most active child I have ever carried.  She is constantly moving, and I know that God has gifted me with such reassurance in her every move. What a sweet way of loving on me- to let me know so often that she is so....spunky.


Today marks the 60 day countdown to Vivienne Joy's due date.  I call it a JOY countdown....and I have even decided to post a photo-a-day of something that brings me joy until she gets here.  You are welcome to join via facebook, twitter or instagram....#joycountdown


All of these things, the attempt to focus, the thrill of her birth, the expectation...even the desire to just be....all of these things can ironically take my focus off the Father.  Like I said, I am my own worst enemy. His lap is so near, yet when things are so good, I find myself off of it.  It is ok.  It is alright to explore, to have freedom, to play at the feet of my Father....but that lap is not just for my tears and for my frightened moments. He is a Father that loves to hear my JOY, my expectations, my excitement.  He is a Father that I am drawn to by His kindness.  I am still learning that He feels this way about me.  


Last week, my friend Jo reminded me of this using a United Pursuit song...


Jesus, you've called me a friend..
Jesus, you've made me what I am ..
Jesus,  you're my life within.


I can't wait to post pictures of Vivi's room.  It is the perfect combination of her own "personality" that I feel I already know so well and hand-me-downs from her sisters- both Jaden and Branson.....even eason's crib skirt makes an appearance.
I will post them soon, as well as an update from our 32/33 week check up next week.
The latest picture of Vivi Joy's face....with her hand in her mouth:)





2 comments:

  1. "It is alright to explore, to have freedom, to play at the feet of my Father....but that lap is not just for my tears and for my frightened moments. He is a Father that loves to hear my JOY, my expectations, my excitement." -dang! Thanks for that. So good. So timely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little Emersyn is super active too...a spunky little lady as well! I know exactly how you're feeling, such a sweet blessing from God that other people might not even realize the importance of! Congratulations again!! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of your sweet, spunky little Vivi!!!!

    ReplyDelete