Thursday, December 8, 2011

maybe it is the weather.......

we have had some wishy washy weather here lately....70 degrees and drizzles and two days later- freezing temperatures and snow flurries.  Is it any wonder that my emotions have been following the weather patterns?- and when I say patterns, I mean absolutely no warning or direction whatsoever?  

This has been one of the first Christmases that I have actually been able to really rest and enjoy the season. I did my shopping online...was able to really relax about the decor....have been focusing daily on Advent. The Advent part has kicked my tail- it is so cool to see God reveal things again and again to my "old" heart. He makes me young again, and I am filled with wonder at the fulfillment of the prophesy...of the hero story that was being told thousands of years ago.

Last night, the youth group lay hands on me and my baby girl.  Then, when I got home, I had a beautiful message from a friend about the fact that she missed my Branson.  I was able to watch Branson's video again- but this time, I was feeling kicks. Kicks from her sister.  It was a powerful night.


This morning, I awake to cold sunshine....I think the weather is now copying MY feelings:)

No comments:

Post a Comment