Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wake Up........

Nothing will take the focus off of yourself like a week away at camp.


Every moment, every waking second is filled with thoughts of what I can do, where I need to be....who needs me?  Amazing.  Incredible.  Heaven.


My week in paradise concluded with more than one encounter with Jesus.  I watched as some of my dearest friends heard from Him, talked with Him, surrendered to Him.... I watched some of them bite their lips to hold back tears, only to have the Holy Spirit wash over them and cause the tears to flow...release, be healed.  Amen, is all I can say.


It is funny how God can set you up- provide perfect conditions for an opportunity to rock your world.  I was amazed at the amount of time God spent on me...overtaken by the reminder of how much He loves me: enough to actually spend time with me.  


Recounting the events of the week feels a little like unpacking a dream from the night before. I will have to wait for it to come back in pieces.  All I can say is that I am head over heels in love with some teenagers.  I wasn't looking for a long term commitment, but little did I know where God was headed.....


He woke me up.  When you get sleepy, remind yourself what life looks like through the eyes of a teenager that just encountered the Holy Spirit....who just found out that he is not alone, that he has hope, that God loves him, that he is forgiven, wanted, blessed, chosen, gifted.......remember.  It will wake you up.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me wanna sing..."Wake up child! It's your time to shine! You were born for such a time as this!". :)

    ReplyDelete