Sunday, April 17, 2011

Really good and really bad....



Her headstone came in....they called to tell us.  The headstone that an anonymous friend paid for- selflessly loving us.....loving Branson.....loving Jesus.
I stood by it Friday and felt relief at seeing such a beautiful and permanent marker for her....I felt distance...and that felt both really bad and really good.


Jaden's beads are still there, and eason left a soldier there....more for his memory and association with the visits than for her....it really helps for him to have something he can remember, touch, leave....


I don't even have a word for the place that I am in.  I just simply need prayer....and for the Holy Spirit to just interpret my heart and step in.  I know He does. Somewhere between the pit of my stomach and my lips, I lose grasp of what the feeling is.  Like trying to recall an unfamiliar face...one you saw for a split second in the dark.  That is what it feels like to explain how I "am."


I am doing better at answering honestly. I find myself answering more honestly, actually, than people expect.  They say sincerely "How are you?" and I answer appropriately.  Most of the time it is "alright" or "better today than yesterday" and sometimes "ugh...it is a hard day."  But occasionally someone will ask on a bad day, I will answer, and then there is a long, silent pause- and we both stand and wonder what we are supposed to say.  


I am frustrated when the words don't come.  They seem to be all I have to reach outside of the "stomach pit" feeling...and without them, I have to sit with the feeling- and I simply don't wanna.


So, I am here standing in front of the Lord, as Zachariah did....wordless, silenced.....unable to relate my feelings, thoughts or revelations. I know that it is purposeful...and so, like all other things, I will wait for my tongue to return and wait for the purposes to be revealed...


Please continue to pray for me....I covet your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 34:17-18 ESV

    When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

    Love you guys! KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. I barely know you but you are simply amazing.

    Words are funny aren't they? When we don't have them, we search frantically around for them because somehow, silence has become an enemy to us. Wouldn't it be nice if we all gave each other permission to just be? I mean, say the perfunctory hellos and give hugs...then just sit side by side and breathe and just...be.

    Talking optional you know? Unless you're at the ballpark watching your kids play weeball. And you're Raychel Hughes. And an umpire or ref makes a bad call. Then the optional thing goes completely out the window.

    ReplyDelete