Saturday, April 9, 2011

Praying for Jaden





So much pain and questions in such a young heart.  Jaden has mucked through this with us bravely, but not without many tears and frustrations. 
I share her thoughts with you for two reasons. 1) that you may wholeheartedly pray for her- continuously throughout the next few months. and 2) that you may know what may be on the hearts of your own children as they learn the cruelties and sinfulness of this world, and the just, merciful, mysterious nature of our God.


from her lips:
"I am angry that we had to have only footprints instead of her real feet"
"I remember her most when I am quiet and still"
"I am afraid that we won't have any more people in our family"
"I am sad that it had to be her that God showed Himself through, instead of someone else"
"I am jealous that other people have their babies alright"
"I am worried that the sadness won't go away"
"I want to pray for healing for our hearts...especially eason"
"I keep telling God that I will still love Him."


These are her words.  Her thoughts among many.




The other day, Jaden was playing dolls in the living room while I sat punching out a geography quiz on the computer. Will was around and we played along as she brought us her baby "Mary".  She talked about visiting her husband in New York(he was a famous actor) and I ooed and awwed over my "grandbaby" and volunteered to keep her.  Moments later Jaden returned to pick up "Mary" and came also bearing news that she was going to have another baby. I responded with an appopriate "yay!" right on cue, and Jaden went off to the Dr.'s appointment.  She returned to tell us that it was twins! This continued until the twins were born and another baby boy after that.  I continued to play along, as did Will with an occasional grandfatherly "oh, she is so beautiful" or "come to Papa!".  There was one more on the way, but this time, as she "returned from the Dr." she had tears in her eyes. With sobs, she told me that this baby had not made it.  


So there we sat, Jaden and I, embraced in a make-believe loss- An acting out of all the emotions she had felt, and yet embarking on an entirely longer journey.  With tears, I enveloped her, crying for her, for Branson, all the while knowing that I could possibly be experiencing this with her one day... 


We ate out as a family tonight.  The four of us.  I think that when we are together as four, she senses the loss the most.  On the car ride home she was in tears...aware that this was not how she had planned it.  She had given great thought to the car seat situation - Where Branson would sit, what would be easiest, how she could help etc.  She is aware that she has lost her, lost the sister she believed would walk into old age with her.  Like I said, it comes in waves.


Lord, You are mysterious, yet You ask me to seek You. You are merciful always, yet one hundred percent Just.  You are jealous for me, yet You lead me through fire that burns, that chars the ugliest parts of me- refining my heart, restoring my soul.  I do not pretend to know of Your ways, but I do know You- and I do love You.

3 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me think of something. Do you know anyone who had a similar experience as Jaden's with Branson? Talking to someone who went through this as a child seems like it would be helpful--getting insight, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 18 and is struggling with some of these emotions. Her grandfather died two weeks ago. They were two peas in a pod, and he was the guy she could spill her heart on and not be mocked or made fun of.

    She's really angry with the Lord for not healing him, and because she was out of state when he passed. It's extremely frightening to me to see the strength of her anger. Especially since her father and I have done our best to teach her the love of God and how important it is to have a relationship with Him.

    As a mom, I pray for truth to be revealed to her heart, for peace to envelope her soul, and for Jesus to heal as only He can. To keep my sanity, I pray for God to remind me that she is His and that He is big enough not only to save her, but to keep her.

    This situation is not completely like yours I know, just thought it might help if I shared my experience. Anyway, I will definitely be praying for Jaden as well as your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart longs to comfort you all. I know our journeys have been different but the loss of a child is just that. The loss of a piece of you. We all grieve differently and you are helping others by sharing your story and being so honest with your sharing. If you ever want to talk I am here. If you think Jaden would like to talk to one of the girls please ask. I'm sure amber would be glad to spend sometime with her. The big sister thing would be a bond I am sure. Even to spend time with Rosy and Savannah might help.
    You seem to be very patient with everything and that will help you tremendously.
    And when the anger comes remember it's okay too.
    I question things all the time knowing God has a plan... I know he will show me his plan when he is ready... It doesn't make the wait any easier. I have to remind myself that this is not too big for Him and that all I have to do is lay it at his feet. Bring it to the cross and leave it there.

    Some days that is easier than others.
    Some days peace is in my heart and some days I don't think I can go on with this weight. Those are days it is so hard to lay it down. My ego just keeps tormenting me.
    I know you know you are not alone but sometimes talking with other mothers who have been where you are helps... both mothers...It heals us all to help each other...

    Love you (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete