Monday, November 7, 2011

a post I "unjumbled"....

Recently, a lady whom I had never met, prayed over me.  She did not know Branson's story or even that I was pregnant again....
She prayed this:


"That the wound she has experienced will stop here- and be forbidden to continue to affect her presently."


"That she will look to YOU as her Savior and stop trying to make others into a savior"


"That she heals"


"That she will open up, stretch, move and bend to what You want to accomplish in her"


"That you will protect her"




Among many other things that had me in tears and weak in the knees, these are some of things she prayed.


Sometimes I forget that this is not God's "plan B".  That He isn't sitting in heaven with his notebook planning the next journey based on the next road I take.
I am NOT a "choose your own adventure" book that surprises Him.  I AM His adventure, His Glory, His child, His beloved.  He knew what today looked like for me as he knit me together in my wonderful mama...almost, eh-hem-cough-cough, 30 years ago......
He knew that I would choose hard roads, bad alleyways, sketchy sidestreets, wide meadows and rocky switchbacks.  But, He loved me enough to give me the freedom to choose....and He still pursued me....relentlessly.  He knew what this journey looked like from the beginning.  He is not a puppeteer.  He is an all-knowing, all-loving Father who wants to guide me, always.  


Just like sending me this woman of God to pray for me this weekend, He has surrounded me with people who continue to pursue, look inside, and pry into my life.  It is the most wonderful feeling in the world- to be known....really known.


As I continue to walk the next 10 days out until my 20 week anatomy scan, I will remember her words....that I will not look to the doctor's to be my gods....
I will not allow their knowledge of life, death, illness and cure to cloud my judgement of who holds this baby.  I will trust them, thank them and then look to my Father for comfort...for He is my Savior...He has already saved me.





No comments:

Post a Comment