Tuesday, September 20, 2011

making a space....

It is a new feeling.
It creates anxiety in a peaceful vacuum, starts arguments in your heart, gives you the shivers......
It is a place where the enemy has never attacked before.... like the soft, fleshy underside of  the chin- unprotected by armor.

It is peace.

It has always been easy to trust and obey during the easy times.....during the times of peace and favor....when you feel the Lord's blessing on you like the first hot day in March.  It was always the dark times where I struggled to see and find my way back to my Abba's lap.

But now, in the midst of the sunshine...now, experiencing the blessing I find myself reluctant to trust- knowing full and well that there is NOTHING else to do but trust....I still find myself shaken.

I feel like this tree....It has been uprooted only to take root again and survive...Its limbs sink low to the ground and it looks rough....It sure isn't "standing" the way a tree should.  But it still survives because its roots sought the very thing necessary for survival. On top of that, God intended it survive...so it did.

I will be this tree, ugly and sideways if I need to be.  First, I will understand and be thankful that God intended me to survive..and I will continue to search for His nourishment even when it is hard...as I daily confess my fear and mistrust to Him.

I mean look at this tree.....It is rough.  But at the same time, it is magnificent.  I will gladly lower my branches in His honor and glory.....
Besides, now the tree, as am I, is more perfect for kids to play on.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment