Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fault

I let my baby fall.  
I pivoted away from her...and she fell.  
I didn't even see how she hit the floor.  
She was so small and naked,  and all I could do I scoop up her crying body and bring her to mine.


It was a few minutes before I took a breath as she nursed and I examined her body..... She looked fine.


I was not.


I am not writing about an incident from yesterday...or even last week. It has been over a month since this happened... I hadn't written- posted- shared..... I didn't sit down to write. I didn't even post an update to ask for prayer.  I didn't share much at all...and I am a sharer.


When we first heard of Branson's diagnosis, I shared what was happening to us. I asked for prayer. I asked you to rally for her... for me.  When we lost her, I asked for prayer for myself, my children, my husband.  When we announced we were pregnant with Vivi, all I wanted from you was prayer....prayer for the innocent- prayer for those enduring the circumstance of God's will.
Yet, here is my baby in hospital overnight with a skull fracture....and I am silent.


Why.  Because it was my fault. Because I was embarrassed and ashamed. Because I wanted no advice, condemnation or excuse. I couldn't bear the thought of someone trying to make me feel better by telling me that "things happen" or "we aren't perfect".  I didn't want to admit that I had turned my eyes from my baby and that she had fallen.  No facebook posts this time.  I wanted it all to go away.


So, why post now? 
Because otherwise I am a fraud.
Because if I don't share it all then I'm not authentic....and I have been called to be authentic...and I will continue to pour it out even when the water isn't crystal clear...for it is in the murky and muddy water that I again find my Savior...the one who cleanses and cradles me.  





1 comment:

  1. Johnna...I get what you're doing here. But you aren't authentic because you share every wrinkle, or every wart.

    You're authentic because Christ has made you so, and those who know you know that you worship Him with more than words.

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete