Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adding the the family.....

 We had been discussing a dog in length for the past few months...and we were hesitant...in fact, just plain selfish. I like being away from home all day some times, and I like being able to pick up and go on vacation when we want. I also know my children well enough to know that I will be handling most of the responsibilities associated with a dog. So we had put it off...indefinitely.  


A few weeks ago, someone dropped off this sweet little puppy.  Our neighbors tried to find the owners with no luck, and had taken him home until they could find him a more permanent place.  


I had wanted to wait until Jaden was a little older, and I didn't want a new puppy and new baby at the same time.  Jaden understood that we would need to wait until Branson was a little older so we could devote more time to the new puppy.  We all agreed.  We lost her, and with her loss, so went the plans we had set up...the dreams we had made, even down to the dream of a dog...................
And then, just like a blip on God's timeline for us, here shows up a sweet little mutt that stole our hearts.
 We adopted him today, complete with a little dog bed, leash and the best food I can find.  It is the honeymoon phase....I am sure we will find him sleeping on the sofa and eating cheap food soon enough.  
Thanks, Jesus, for giving us a friend to love and pet and look after. You use sweet things to heal and we believe you will use him as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment